Is your AC Leaking Water continuously? Most of the problems in an air conditioner are caused in the summer season because the unit is required to run continuously in this season and therefore it is mandatory to properly maintain the unit in the summers. One of the most common problems with the air-conditioning system is the water leakage that can easily irritate the users. Those main issues are described in the following blog that can cause this problem in your AC unit.
- First of all, if you find that the water is leaking from the indoor unit, then you should inspect the condensate drain line. Because if the drain line is clogged with dust and debris, then it will not be able to remove the condensed water and the unit will start leaking that water in your room. If this is the case, then you don’t need to worry much about this problem as it can easily be resolved by cleaning the drain line. If you can’t do it by yourself, then you can take the help of the professional technicians to get rid of the AC leaking water issue.
- If you discover that the drain line has got damaged or rusted, then you will have to replace it with a new condensate line. Remember that you will need the help of the experts to get rid of this issue.
- In most of the air-conditioning systems, a condensate pump pumps the water outside of the unit and if it gets damaged, then the water gets collected in the unit and then starts to leak.
- Apart from this, if the air filters are dirty, they will block the airflow and less air will be able to reach to the evaporator coils. Thus, the evaporator coils will get too cold and start to freeze. Then, when it starts melting, the amount of water also increases in the unit which causes the indoor unit to leak the water in your room.
- The inappropriate refrigerant level in your air conditioner could also be responsible for this problem because it lowers the pressure in the air-conditioning system.